Saturday, May 28, 2016

...May Monster Madness **GARDEN** Blog Party...

   The monster was the best friend I ever had.

~Boris Karloff
Today is the 5th annual May Monster Madness blog party! I couldn’t think of a better way to feature some of my favorite outdoor monsters than a spooky garden party. I’ve opened my monster green patio umbrella, poured each of you a glass of ambrosia lemonade, and am ready to show you to the garden. 



Of course, many of you have visited here before so it isn’t a surprise to see some creatures of the night lurking among the flowers. 


Dracula has a few words of welcome.
"Welcome to my [garden]! Enter freely. Go safely, and leave something of the happiness you bring."

All of the pictures except the melons were taken earlier today, a terribly sunny day and somewhat challenging for photographs. If you'd like to see some clearer pictures, please follow the links to previous posts where these little monsters have been featured prior. 
I’ve posted about liking, err LOVING, yard art before. Fortunately for me, I have a local store, ReFunkIt, which includes artists who turn *junk* into treasures. I have a garden monster, a couple of pieces transformed into spiders, an owl that once was a shovel, and some other oddities. 

I’ve purchased several of their yard art pieces that if you look around, you can see. I picked up other garden finds from various places including last year’s horror convention. In that post (if you follow the link) you’ll also see that I have a mighty strong obsession with whirligigs GWEE! (I have a hearse, skeleton on a bicycle, zombie, bat, and a vampire!), and you’ll see last year’s vertical pumpkin patch.

I love signage rather it be a message on a flag or written into the stone of a pot. It's a bit challenging to see in the picture above but beside the skull flowerpot is a stack of *books* with a gardening quote along each of the spines. I also love my silly vampire flag with martinis and bats.

The garden is probably my favorte place to be this time of year. It's probably my most important room until September. Before you go, enjoy a piece of melon carved by yours truly ;) 

14 comments:

  1. Oh! Your monster-filled garden is spectacular! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the "Go Away" better than "Welcome"! Where did you get that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that vampire flag! I don't live too far away, so I could come play in your wicked garden!
    I didn't mean for that to sound so stalkery lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, this is my kinda garden party!! :D

    I cannot even begin to describe how much I ADORE the "Go Away" sign! I just showed it to my husband and said, "We need one of those! STAT!!!" ;) Thanks so much for being a part of MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am extremely jealous of your skull planter. What a find! Your entire garden is a yummily dark dream. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    Happiest MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your garden ... and I'm a bit jelly that I no longer have one of my own. The spinach and early lettuce would be undergoing there first harvest by now. Maybe even their second. sigh ... one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the melons at the end! Very nicely done. The skull planter is also great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for showing me around your wonderful and colourful monster garden. I love the skull flower pot especially. You may be interested in this post I put up last year of Tatton show, I fell in love with the flowered skull on display, slightly too big for my garden though.
    http://witcherygrove.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/the-day-of-dahlia.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh how awesome is your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love your garden...and need that "go away" sign lol XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post!! I really love your garden!!!!! I want that go away sign too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love with that skull planter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I swear, I live my own garden fantasies vicariously through your amazing yard, my lovely friend. Thank you for inviting us all in and sharing so much of what you grow, tend and delight in with all of us.

    Big hugs & happy start of June wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete